Today I’m happy to release the newest plugin from Devio Digital, Customer Loyalty for WooCommerce.
CLWC is a loyalty points and rewards card system that you can set up to retain more customers and in turn, earn more profit.
You can use the included Rewards Card to let customers receive punches with each order they place, and receive a coupon after a specific amount of punches.
And there’s also a Loyalty Points system built into the plugin that gives customers points for a variety of tasks, which they can then use to redeem as coupons.
Let’s dive into setting up the plugin and seeing how it works!
Download & Install
The Customer Loyalty for WooCommerce plugin can be downloaded directly from your dashboard.
Head over to
Plugins -> Add New
and then search for “Customer Loyalty for WooCommerce”.
Once you click the Install Now and Activate buttons, you’ll be redirected to the Customer Loyalty for WooCommerce admin settings screen.
Plugin admin settings
In the Customer Loyalty for WooCommerce plugin’s admin settings, there are two different ways to reward your customers for their loyalty:
- Loyalty Points
- Rewards Card
You can activate one – or both – of the settings by checking their activation boxes in the admin settings.
Rewards Card Settings
The Rewards Card settings have two separate sections filled with settings to customize.
- Rewards card
- Rewards coupon
Here’s a full list of the available options in your Rewards Card settings.
- Activate Rewards Card – Check to active the included customer rewards card features.
- Rewards Card Title – The title displayed in a customer’s order when a new reward is earned.
- Rewards Card Text – The text displayed in a customer’s order when a new reward is earned.
- Rewards Card Image – Display an image in the customer’s order when a new reward is earned.
Here’s a full list of the available options in your Rewards Coupon settings.
- Required punches – How many punches are required before a coupon is created for the customer?
- Coupon amount – Enter the amount you would like used when creating the coupon.
- Coupon type – Select the type of coupon that you would like created for the customer.
- Coupon – Add the text you would like included before the randomize coupon code
New Reward Alert
Every time your customer hits the designated amount of “punches”, they are rewarded with a coupon code for the amount that you set in the admin settings.
Your customers are then shown the new reward alert in the order details.
Loyalty Points Settings
Also included in the Customer Loyalty for WooCommerce plugin is the ability to give loyalty points to your customers that they can redeem after reaching a pre-determined amount of points.
First, you’ll want to activate your loyalty points features.
- Activate Loyalty Points – Check to active the included customer loyalty points features.
Here’s a full list of the available options in your Redeeming points settings.
- Minimum points – How many points are required before a customer can redeem points?
- Redeemable value – How much should the redeemed points be worth in actual currency?
Here’s a full list of the available options in your Earning points settings.
- Customer registration – The amount of points a customer earns when they register an account.
- Order complete – The amount of points a customer earns when completing an order.
- Money spent – The amount of points a customer earns per dollar spent.
Once you set all of the above values, you’ll want to see how they’re actually working on the front end for the customers.
Customer Loyalty settings for your customers
On the My Account page, the plugin adds a “Customer Loyalty” tab for your customers to click into.
This page will show the customers their current loyalty points (if any) as well as their rewards card punches, and any rewards earned.
There is also a table below this data that shows your customer the coupons they’ve earned and if they’re available or used.
If the user has enough loyalty points, the page will display the “Redeem” button.
Clicking this button will generate a coupon code with the value that you set in the admin settings.
This coupon gets automatically applied to the order, and the customer is redirected to the cart when the loyalty points are redeemed.
As your customer spends more money, they receive more points which they can redeem – which means more sales!
Manually editing a customer’s rewards card & loyalty points
Also included in the Customer Loyalty for WooCommerce plugin is the ability to edit your customer’s loyalty points and rewards card details directly from the admin dashboard.
Head over to
Users -> Edit Users
and find the customer account you’d like to edit.
From this page you’ll be able to edit the Customer Loyalty for WooCoommerce settings as seen in the above screenshot.
- Loyalty points
- Rewards card punches
- Rewards earned
Do you see anything missing?
If you see ways that the plugin could be better built for your customers, or if you have ideas on different rewards points options, let me know!